Greetings From Phoenix, Arizona!!

Evan Ganser

Hey everybody my name is Evan and I just recently got into the hobby!! I currently have a 5 gallon planted betta tank, but I plan on getting a 40 gallon community tank soon. However, before I embark on something bigger (and most likely develop MTS) I want to learn everything that goes into keeping a planted tank. My theory is that if I learn how to solve every common problem that aquarium keepers run into, then I will be experienced enough for a larger community tank. As I am nearing that point I thought it would be fun to share my journey that has been getting Jeffrey's tank to a pristine, stable, and consistent condition. Although I am not there yet, I am having some trouble nursing my Brazilian Micro Swords back to life, it has been an entertaining, frustrating, oft times confusing, and extremely rewarding process. So while I compile the highlights of my first attempt at a planted tank, enjoy these pictures of Jeffrey!!

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alison said:

Lovely tank and lovely betta. I originally was going to do a planted community tank with a betta... then I got killifish instead. Oops. Guess I just need another tank for the betta. Oh well 😛

Oh killifish are gorgeous! If I am being totally honest I didn't plan on getting a betta or setting up a tank, I just went to petco and felt bad for the bettas and decided to buy one 😅 then I fell down the rabbit hole that is aquarium keeping haha. Apparently mts is inevitable lol 

8 hours ago, Evan Ganser said:

Oh killifish are gorgeous! If I am being totally honest I didn't plan on getting a betta or setting up a tank, I just went to petco and felt bad for the bettas and decided to buy one 😅 then I fell down the rabbit hole that is aquarium keeping haha. Apparently mts is inevitable lol 

Yesh that they are!  They are super fun to watch as well.  I'm believing mts is inevitable as well. I thought just one tank. I can do it... Just one. Now I want a betta, maybe a pair of wild type as well, threadfin rainbows, murder beans and more killifish. 😅

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Alison said:

Yesh that they are!  They are super fun to watch as well.  I'm believing mts is inevitable as well. I thought just one tank. I can do it... Just one. Now I want a betta, maybe a pair of wild type as well, threadfin rainbows, murder beans and more killifish. 😅

😂 Yeah just one... I keep telling myself that as well! Hahaha, but omg I looove threadfin rainbows!!! I am trying to get a bunch for the community tank that I want to build. We're gonna have to swap pics of our tanks when we get them set up!

• Like 1

For sure! I will definitely be sharing pictures as soon as I set it up ❤️ 

Step one is finding the tank I want.. I am an acrylic girl and those are hard to get locally so I'll probably have to order. Again. I hate that because it makes it harder to sneak into the house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1