All female baby bettas

Keeg

• Administrators
On 9/12/2021 at 12:32 AM, Keeg said:

Does anybody know the probability of a batch of betta fry being 100% female? Does any environmental variables affect the genders of betta fry? Or is it just more common for females than males?

I believe that this may have been a question that we discussed with Gianne Souza during the member-only livestream on bettas. I believe the hypothesis may be that environmental factors may sway the clutch to be more dominant to one gender vs another (temperature, barometric pressure, time of year, amount of light, food, etc.). I don't know if there have been enough (or any) studies on it though. 

On 9/12/2021 at 8:47 PM, Zenzo said:

I believe that this may have been a question that we discussed with Gianne Souza during the member-only livestream on bettas. I believe the hypothesis may be that environmental factors may sway the clutch to be more dominant to one gender vs another (temperature, barometric pressure, time of year, amount of light, food, etc.). I don't know if there have been enough (or any) studies on it though. 

Do you know if member only videos will become public access? I dont have the money or time to be a member at the moment or near future. 

@Keeg I believe that the videos have to stay members only, due to the information being shared.

I'm on disability, and don't have the $$ to be able to join, however I can answer a few Google surveys each week to get my Friday $5, to support my fish hobby.

Hope this helps. 

• Like 1