Are there any microorganisms that I should worry about/look out for?

Wellxam

I found these little worms in the bottom of my shrimp tank, which is also currently housing a couple of young bristlenose plecos. I am assuming they are harmless detritus worms, that I could feed to another fish, or perhaps transfer to my corydora tank, where they wouldn't stand much of a chance.

This did however raise a question, are there any common things that if I see I should be panicking and/or fixing/removing? Even just things might require some consideration, like hydra may be harmful to tiny fish/fry, things like that.

Is there a forum post or video that I might have missed that may have the information that I am looking for? Thanks for any and all information. ;~)

Worms1.jpg

On 9/5/2021 at 8:09 PM, Littlefish said:

Detritus worms, unless you put blackworms in there at one time.  Fish should gobble them 

https://www.aquariadise.com/detritus-worms/

@Littlefish A LONG time ago I did, they look pretty translucent for blackworms, but I did remember doing so, and this tank was neglected for quite awhile, so that is a possibility.

On 9/5/2021 at 8:08 PM, The Fish said:

Maybe Hydra. I've never run into them but I've heard they can eat fry and baby shrimp. Also dragonfly nymphs can eat smaller fish.

@The Fish I *think* I've seen some hydra, perhaps even in this tank, but they seemed to have disappeared, so I'm thinking the plecos ate them, there are also some tiny shrimp and amano shrimp and snails, but I though those would have been deterred by the stinging. I've never heard of Dragonfly nymphs, I've got some more nerming to do thanks!