White Cloud Mtn Minnow Schooling?

eolith

Does anyone know whether Golden White Cloud Mountain Minnows will school with the "standard" White Clouds? For example, if someone had 4 of each variety, would they be a happy school of 8 or just two less happy schools of 4?

Edited by eolith

• 10 months later...
On 7/3/2022 at 8:21 AM, Gwallace said:

I have 3 different color morphs and they tend to school (loosely) together.

Thank you @Gwallace! Do you have at least 6 of each tho so they are happy in their specific group? I keep reading schools need at least 6, but is it 6 each, or a mix of morphs to total 6? (Omg so complicated, am I being too literal? 🤣)

Edited by Jaspyjasp

On 7/3/2022 at 11:10 AM, Jaspyjasp said:

Thank you @Gwallace! Do you have at least 6 of each tho so they are happy in their specific group? I keep reading schools need at least 6, but is it 6 each, or a mix of morphs to total 6? (Omg so complicated, am I being too literal? 🤣)

Mine are in a tub.  I have far more than 6 of each.  If I were you I would do as many as you can of each morph available to you for the variety.  Unless your trying to breed a specific morph.  I have to admit that I am fairly new to small fish.  I have always kept Cichlids.  But I now have Guppys and Whiteclouds in ponds/tubs and really enjoy them.

On 7/3/2022 at 10:17 AM, Gwallace said:

Mine are in a tub.  I have far more than 6 of each.  If I were you I would do as many as you can of each morph available to you for the variety.  Unless your trying to breed a specific morph.  I have to admit that I am fairly new to small fish.  I have always kept Cichlids.  But I now have Guppys and Whiteclouds in ponds/tubs and really enjoy them.

Ahh ok ok! 🙏🙏🙏 Your ponds/tubs must look AMAZING!! I have 4 long fin white clouds right now, but i only have a 15G 🤣 i was considering 4 gold clouds to mix for a total of 8, that’s why i was asking if they need at least 6 of each.  Also considering ember tetra too for variety…

On 7/3/2022 at 12:43 PM, Jaspyjasp said:

Ahh ok ok! 🙏🙏🙏 Your ponds/tubs must look AMAZING!! I have 4 long fin white clouds right now, but i only have a 15G 🤣 i was considering 4 gold clouds to mix for a total of 8, that’s why i was asking if they need at least 6 of each.  Also considering ember tetra too for variety…

I think that will be fine.

• Love 1