Stealthy way to raise lights with those extendable brackets

Fauxrenier

I've had those extendable bracket type lights that basically sit on top of the tank for a while on my 10 gallon but I've always found it difficult to clean or feed. I have to move the light all the time. I was hoping someone might have a suggestion on stealthily raising them up so I can easily open the tank and I don't have to drill one of those wire closet shelves on the wall behind my aquarium. Which I just realized is gonna look awful.
I could just look into buying taller lights or one that is more compatible with a taller frame. Would prefer to keep the light I have and just raise it though. Depends on the cost I guess.

Light.png

Your only real options with these style lights are to suspend them or get riser legs that some people make that clamp to the tank. Not sure how these make it difficult to feed, unless you have DIY lids. But as for cleaning, I'd just move them as doing that weekly is less of an issue than hard mounting suspension mounts and depending on the room, introducing light bleed around the tank. 

Edited by Tihshho
Fixed spelling

On 8/29/2021 at 1:55 PM, Streetwise said:

Some folks have done 3D-printed risers.

I've done this for various lights and you need to make sure you use the right material and/or buy from someone who uses the right material. Using PLA or some of the other softer and biodegradable plastics are going to bite you in the long run.

• Like 1