What is this

Chiclid addict

a couple weeks ago I had a discus die from what I would assume was attacked but to be sure I treated the tank for everything everything was fine until now one of the other discus eyes seem to be swelling and hes going pale in the face he’s hurting rn but I’ll try and get him to come out and if so I’ll upload pictures 

edit: here’s the best picture I got of him

B4B19DF6-BBED-4280-991F-3356DA525BB6.jpeg

Edited by Chiclid addict

On 8/20/2021 at 6:24 PM, Colu said:

Looks like possible discus plague  I would recommend Qarantineing him and treat with paracleanse in food and treat with maracyn in tank to cover against any secondary bacterial infection caused by the disease here's a food recipe for Paracleanse

Screenshot_20210811-014219~2.png

What caused this in the first place? After further research it is most likely discus plauge 

The virus weakens your fish leaveing more susceptible to bacterial and parasitic infection that why I recommend treating with paracleanse and maracyn to cover against secondary infection they are what usually kill your fish not the virus 

Edited by Colu

On 8/20/2021 at 7:19 PM, Colu said:

The virus weakens your fish leaveing more susceptible to bacterial and parasitic infection that why I recommend treating with paracleanse and maracyn to cover against secondary infection they are what usually kill your fish not the virus 

Im gouging to get the stuff early tomorrow unfortunately my local fish store closed about and hour before I found this discus hoping they have have everything I don’t have any of this on hand as I used everything when the first fish died of what I now release was the same thing😩

On 8/20/2021 at 7:19 PM, Colu said:

I don’t know what to do at this point the fish died last night I had already treated the entire tank after the first one died I don’t really know what to do at this point any tips?

What I have read it recommends daily 50% water changes and  and the addition of UV steriliser   I would also recommend treating with  some potassium permanganate it  is an  oxidizer that help to disinfect the external surfaces of your fish from parasites bacterial and fungus   discus fish that recover from discus plague have immunity from the virus they can be a carrier of the virus for up to six months so I wouldn't add any new fish 

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1