Monte Carlo

Question on the Monte Carlo. My new African Drawf frogs has decided to burrow into the MC BUT I just got it less than 2 weeks ago, so it hasn’t fully spread its root to be secure. Do you think it will survive? Another Fore Ground plant that can work as an alternative for my Frogs burrowing! They love this stuff! I just hope it will spread and take root! 

I dont't know, but I think very few aquatic plants die if not rooted. Maybe you are able to grow out a kind of carpet in an aside container and transplant it to the frog tanks when it's settled? Not sure about the details though. Or cover the not yet rooted Monte Carlo with some kind of net or divide for some time. Just spitballing, I haven't kept frogs nor Monte Carlo. 🙂

Yes I didn’t expect them to burrow in it. Whatever happens I guess will determine my next steps. I may need to do an Anubis of some sort for them in the corners. I put up the betta fake floating logs and they love those as well!    

Edited by Stacy Z

On 8/14/2021 at 4:53 PM, darkG said:

I dont't know, but I think very few aquatic plants die if not rooted. Maybe you are able to grow out a kind of carpet in an aside container and transplant it to the frog tanks when it's settled? Not sure about the details though. Or cover the not yet rooted Monte Carlo with some kind of net or divide for some time. Just spitballing, I haven't kept frogs nor Monte Carlo. 🙂

May just do as you say and grow the MC outside tank BUT have it grow on through a mat like they do java moss. Maybe that will help keeping it down. It’s not the type you can use plant weights on!

Thanks for your spitballing ideas!