Plants and quarantine system?

illconceivedart

Hi everyone,

I'm going to add some red root floaters to my quarantine tank, and my question is "Is dipping a new plant absolutely necessary if putting it in a QT setup?"

I really don't care about hitchhikers like snails. I've read conflicting things and I know a lot of people don't dip their plants. I've done bleach dips on some of my plants but dont really want to as the plants seem better off when I don't dip them.

I generally give them a good rinse that's all, I don't care about hitchhiker snails either. The stone wool from pots I get every last bits removed though because some overseas growers use pesticides and I once lost lots of expensive fish that way. I don't care how long I've known the seller, sometimes their wholesaler can switch sources, not tell them and the regrets at that point would be mine.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t dip my plants either. I just float the bag, and then drop it in the tank. I don’t worry about snails either, as my angelfish will annoy them to death(It’s actually pretty funny)

If you do dip them, make sure there are no meds in the water, as that will kill your plants, if not weaken them.