I'd like to introduce Peter the Puffer fish!

Aqua junky

Here is our new Fahaka Puffer Pete,  hes being housed in a 40 Breeder than off to a 75G  until he reaches his adult stage where he will spend his days in my 150G.  Anyhow my question is how do you all think he looks? Ive run him through one round of the trio and am about to start the second round of parasite meds for the eggs.  I have yet to see him eat but this tank is full of shrimp and snails.  Ive been feeding blood worms and krill flake/extreme pellet/Hikari pellet mixture.  I cant tell if his belly is sunken or if hes doing ok.  I havent had very good luck with wild caught puffers even with prestine parameters and high grade food.  So this is my last shot.

Resized952021072895085153.jpg

Resized952021072895085119.jpg

Resized952021072895085106.jpg

Resized952021072895085200.jpg

Resized952021072895085222.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@Nick H.To me his belly looks rounded and he seems like a happy puffer off the photo. Have you seen any empty or crushed up snail shells?  I might try frozen krill,  bits of human grade frozen shrimp, or the bloodworm with vitachem for the vitamin benefits. that vitachem stuff is like puffer candy. My fahaka now a friends with a bigger tank, loved ramshorn snails but wouldnt touch MTS, also loved cherry shrimp until one day he didnt, and occasionally ate frozen krill with vitachem. He was very particular of a feeder.  I would try and watch longer during feeding or maybe place theflake and pellet in an easy to see spot to get the snails that he should be eating in a visable location. If the puffer is hungry it would eat the snails baited to the food right in front of you in most instances. from the photo angle it really looks to be food in that belly to me. 

• Like 1