How badly did I mess up? Brine Shrimp

laritheloud

So I tried the Ziss brine shrimp hatchery and didn't have the co-op eggs yet. My hatch rate was poor despite heat and an air source. I tried to get what I could of the swimmers, but ended up adding a whole bunch of unhatched eggs to my aquarium water. OF course, I panicked and immediately did a 50% water change, siphoning out what I could.

Should I be prepared to do another water change tomorrow? Did I end up with a huge problem?

This has been mentioned a few times in the forum in the past searchable under brineshrimp with some excellent reaponses. Personally I have not noticed unhatched eggs being an issue in my tanks and imagine that the fish and microorganisims in an established tank break them down efficently. Id probably call it good until my normal water change time and keep an eye on it if it were my tank. If i notice an odd behavior or parameter i dont like i change more water but otherwise i dont worry about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2021 at 5:07 PM, mountaintoppufferkeeper said:

This has been mentioned a few times in the forum in the past searchable under brineshrimp with some excellent reaponses. Personally I have not noticed unhatched eggs being an issue in my tanks and imagine that the fish and microorganisims in an established tank break them down efficently. Id probably call it good until my normal water change time and keep an eye on it if it were my tank. If i notice an odd behavior or parameter i dont like i change more water but otherwise i dont worry about it.

Thank you. I'll attempt not to panic too much more. I have snails and amano shrimp in the tank, and the ecosystem is doing quite nicely if I say so myself. I'll change the water on my usual day again if I have to.