Measurement Help

SarayParay

Good evening!

I am horrible with mathematics and solving or trying to figure out the measurements...

Can someone help me?

I have Fritz Pro Aquatics A.C.C.R.

It says 1 teaspoon treats 40 gallons.

I have 10 gallons.

Can someone assist me in trying to figure it out or direct me? I used to use the liquid kind, but decided to get the dry stuff.

Thank you in advance!

On 7/3/2021 at 8:34 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

So it would be a quarter teaspoon. Like breaking up a dollar, 4 quarters=1 dollar. 

On 7/3/2021 at 8:36 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

You might have to consider your substrate volume too I've never used ACCR so not sure if you can overdose. 

1.25 Milligrams, correct?

I'm going to continue reading about A.C.C.R. I don't want to mess up my tank. This 10 gallon has been my death tank and I barely have a few months with everyone still alive.

Sorry, I am horrible with numbers!

Thank you!

On 7/3/2021 at 8:43 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Well just doing very QUICK research they do similar things BUT I see ACCR claims not to deplete oxygen levels which is beneficial as overuse of Prime (which I use and have never had issue with) CAN do. 

On 7/3/2021 at 8:44 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

What seems to be the issue in your tank?

On 7/3/2021 at 8:45 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

In reading the ACCR dosage page on Fritz's website a quarter teaspoon aka 1.25mg is probably fine as it says you can dose up to 5x the dosage to remove greater ammounts of ammonia than 1.0ppm

Thank you! I have written down the measurements. I appreciate your help!

I have 3 Cherry Barbs, 3 Panda Corys and 1 Fake Julii Corydora and 1 zebra loach that eats the mystery snails.

The issue I had in the 10 gallon tank in my living room was nitrates. I believe I had it overstocked as I had 1 betta and a few more Panda Corys. My nitrates kept going high. So instead of replacing the fish the kept dying, I just didn't. So i have had this lot for a few months now... water parameters have been great and I just added a plant. I didn't have any plants in this tank because they would die. So I do a water change ever week.

So I am happy it's been a few months now that the levels are good and the fish are thriving and happy from what I can see. So I was just nervous to change from Fritz Complete to the ACCR. I ran out last night when I did my water change on my other two tanks.

I hope I made sense!

Edited by SarayParay

Ah yes, sounds like you got your bioload issue straightened out for now. Sorry you had those losses. Hopefully from this point forward you won't have anymore problems. Adding plants always helps that. 🙂 You are welcome for the help. When you're ready you should post pics! 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1