New to me guppy weird coloration or bacterial infection?

Klover47

I bought a tank yesterday and took some fish with it. There was one male guppy in a 55 gallon with a bunch of albino cory cats and some platy. He isn't acting abnormally, and his fins look really good, but he's white towards his head. Pictures are linked.

Guppy

On 6/28/2021 at 6:49 PM, Colu said:

It could be columnaris recommended treatment is seachem kanaplex and API furan2 together

OK, I have triple sulfa on hand, that's what the pet store recommended. Will that help any?

On 6/28/2021 at 11:59 PM, Klover47 said:

OK, I have triple sulfa on hand, that's what the pet store recommended. Will that help any?

Triple sulfa is antibacterial med if you have it to hand I would start treating with it straight away and aquarium salt if that doesn't work I would treat with kanaplex and API furan2 together as they are a more broad spectrum antibiotic treatment

Edited by Colu

On 6/28/2021 at 7:01 PM, Colu said:

Triple sulfa is antibacterial med if you have it to hand I would start treating with straight away and aquarium salt if that doesn't work I would treat with kanaplex and API furan2 together as they are a more broad spectrum antibiotic treatment

OK, thanks for all of the input. I will treat with the TS, I have no aquarium salt unfortunately, but if it doesn't clear up I'll make another trip to the pet store and pick up the things you recommended.

• Like 1