Pleco Caves

BriannesFishFam

On 6/17/2021 at 12:55 PM, Biotope Biologist said:

That sounds like the dream home to me! Y'all have quite the zoo. As you're already aware I am sure, this is quite possibly the friendliest forum on the internet. Even when we disagree, voices rarely get raised so to speak. 

Don't be afraid to ask questions and give your knowledge out. There are no age requirements for wisdom ☺️

Thanks!

On 6/18/2021 at 9:26 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

I personally wouldn't think so but a lot of others seem to think the small caves work best. I can say I have an aquarium decor log in my tank with Otos, while they don't breed there they love it, opening there is about 2.5. I say you should try your 3" and maybe try another size or a garden pot. The animals will pick for you. 

Ok, thanks

On 6/18/2021 at 9:24 PM, BriannesFishFam said:

@xXInkedPhoenixXDo you think 3 inch pvc is too large as a cave itself? Just an off topic question

Personally I think 3" is too big, but you could always slice it in half (the long way) after you cut it to length and get two arched caves (open to the substrate at the bottom). it depends on the size of the fish, my large female is quite large by bristle nose standards (just over 5") and she can fit in the opening of those watering spikes which are only about 2" diameter.