How do I balance my tank after removing c02 injection?

Hi I asked this question on the stream and cory answered it, but i believe he said to turn my light up or down depending on how high my nitrites are. My tank is 10 gal, I use a flood light and sponge filter. It is heavily planted. I run my light for 9 hours but I'm wondering if i should cut down to 8. I only dose about 1-2 squirts a week of easy green

parameters are ph 8 ammonia 0 nitrite 0.50 ppm and nitrate 0ppm

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by PaigeGlamelin

Problem i had last month when removing the co2 injection was that the ph changed to fast and to much. With some dead fish as a result. At least, i think that was the reason for the death fish. Didn't change anything else in the aquarium. So maybe better to turn it down day by day.

For the algae:
You need the perfect combination between co2, light and fertilizer. If you lower 1 of them, you should lower the other 2 as wel. With nitrate 0 you already are a bit low on the fertilizer. So the only thing would be indeed lowering the light.
Just a matter of trying what works for your aquarium. 8 hours is still a nice long time for your plants, so good one to start with in my opinion.

• Like 1

Here are some photos, I currently only have shrimp in the tank. I took the endlers out because I was breeding them and didn't think extra feedings would benefit the issue. The tank has been set up about 5 months.

IMG_3955.jpg

IMG_3956.jpg

Edited by PaigeGlamelin

As far as I can see on the picture you don't really have any fast growing plants in the aquarium. This could help as well against algae. Have some competition going in there. Maybe some floating plants to block some of the light and use some nutritions. Shrimps love them as well to hide and feed between the roots.

I've got Salvinia in all my shrimp tanks. Shrimps are hanging on them like batman most of the time.

It looks like green spot algae to me. I would reduce the lighting if possible. I use a similar floodlight(15W LED) to that in a 29 gallon and have no algae. I also use 2 of them in a 40 gallon and only get a little green spot algae. So if that floodlight is anything like mine, it is likely very bright.