Wisteria turning brown

Wisteria does die back as it converts from emerged growth at the farm to submerged growth in your tank. It’ll take time, but will grow back. If the lower stems get bare just cut them off and replant the top part. One trick I learned on this forum is to just let the stems float above the surface of the substrate until you get roots and healthy new growth. 

• Like 1

I can see in your pic that in the center of the stem there is damage to the stem. It was probably done in shipping. all the growth above that damage is melting. I had this same problem I had a few stems with minor damage that began to melt. Like patrick said, If you catch them early you can cut them off above the damage on the stem and float that segment and wait for it to grow roots then re plant.

Edited by therealTruthSeeker
  • Like 1

Thanks. I'll see how they are today when I get home & go from there with the trimming. I was able to get my water tested during lunch and pH is a lil high at 7.6-7.8 but Ammonia was at .5 so I'm getting there

Just now, Fresh said:

Thanks. I'll see how they are today when I get home & go from there with the trimming. I was able to get my water tested during lunch and pH is a lil high at 7.6-7.8 but Ammonia was at .5 so I'm getting there

The Ammonia should be good for the Wisteria. Don’t worry if it melts down to just the top of the plant. Once the remaining plant gets established it’ll grow like a weed. 

• Like 1