Nitrite 1.0 ppm
Nitrate 80 ppm
pH 6.6

05-22 1215
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrite 5.0 ppm
Nitrate 100 ppm
pH 6.6

Ammonia fell to zero, Nitrite spiked, Nitrate rose but not as dramatically as Nitrite and pH is the same. Is this good or bad?

P.S. I pulled the shrimp out at about eleven o'clock yesterday morning. Just in time, I think. They were smelling pretty foul and started leaving a cloud as I pulled them. 

Edited by Rudles

• Administrators

I'd focused on having a seasoned aquarium as opposed to cycling. One thing I'd be looking into currently is getting your pH up to 7.0 or so. The rest will correct over time.

Just now, Cory said:

I'd focused on having a seasoned aquarium as opposed to cycling. One thing I'd be looking into currently is getting your pH up to 7.0 or so. The rest will correct over time.

That would require me buying some crushed coral from Amazon which can take two weeks or more since they're using UPS and it has to go to Anchorage first then wait for enough freight to send it back south to me. Do you have crushed coral available?

8 minutes ago, Cory said:

@RudlesWe do yes, we ship it priority, so it should be there in like 2-3 days. However we only sell it by the pound and because of that it's more expensive than buying 20ish pound bags via snail mail. https://www.aquariumcoop.com/collections/water-care/products/crushed-coral-1-pound-bag

Thank you, Cory. I just ordered it along with your root tabs. Minimum order $14.99, came to $14.98 so I tossedin a 3 ml pipette 🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1