Chili Rasbora Imposters!

Ben C.

Hello!

Well I fell for the trap and got some Chili Rasboras and didn't check the bag carefully before leaving and well, yup, there's imposters among us. I have seven of them, at least 2 are actually chilis, 1 is a phoenix, definitely a few uropthalmoides but the others I can't tell for sure yet. Will they be stressed not having a full school/shoal of the same species, or will they do fine as a loose group (I mean heck they do look really similar unless you stare em down). They schooled very tightly when they were first put in QT because of stress, and now that they are more relaxed they do loosely hang around each other. Just wondering whether or not I should bring them back and try to single out the exact species. Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, benchilton said:

They schooled very tightly when they were first put in QT because of stress, and now that they are more relaxed they do loosely hang around each other.

Maybe you could simply watch them for a day and see if they act stressed, and if they shoal together. If it turns out they're chill and shoaling, I'd guess their quality of life is fine.  

• Like 1