Aquariumcoop selling Peat Moss?

Nerd2259

3 minutes ago, Nerd2259 said:

Do any staff members know if aq has thought about selling peat moss? I'm trying to breed Odessa Barbs and Congo Tetras and my water is far too hard/high ph. I have RO/DI water but filling an entire 75 with just that gets expensive and time consuming. I'd love to have a trusted source for peat moss in addition to the Crushed Coral and Catappa Leaves!

If you’re just looking to add tannins, you might consider Rooibos tea bags. We use 1x / per gallon for killifish. Loads of tannins. I know Co Op sells Catappa leaves. We use alder cones also. 

1 minute ago, Fish Folk said:

If you’re just looking to add tannins, you might consider Rooibos tea bags. We use 1x / per gallon for killifish. Loads of tannins. I know Co Op sells Catappa leaves. We use alder cones also. 

I've used catappa and alder cones, but they don't seem to have a significant effect in a 75 gallon. I've heard horror stories of a small amount of peat moss destabilizing smaller tanks, and I think it would work well to lower the ph of mine without adding a ton of litter to the bottom.

41 minutes ago, Nerd2259 said:

I've used catappa and alder cones, but they don't seem to have a significant effect in a 75 gallon. I've heard horror stories of a small amount of peat moss destabilizing smaller tanks, and I think it would work well to lower the ph of mine without adding a ton of litter to the bottom.

I’m putting this in with killifish eggs right now. 

F5EA1811-7E11-4640-826C-3F06173B878D.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nerd2259 said:

Do any staff members know if aq has thought about selling peat moss? I'm trying to breed Odessa Barbs and Congo Tetras and my water is far too hard/high ph. I have RO/DI water but filling an entire 75 with just that gets expensive and time consuming. I'd love to have a trusted source for peat moss in addition to the Crushed Coral and Catappa Leaves!

I have saved the peat moss from ordering dwarf lily bulbs from the coop (wish I had saved more now that I want peat moss for the same reason!) 

I just googled peat moss and apparently fluval makes an “aquatic peat” never heard of that before.