Feeding and presoaking

AquaDude

Any thoughts on presoaking food for tropical fish?  In particular flake food, and freeze dried brine shrimp?  I can’t seem to find much info on this practice.  Is there an effect on nutrients, does it help the fish at all?  
Thanks!! 

I'm not sure that presoaking actually helps the fish in any way. I would think that the extra water in the food just takes away from the nutritional value. I think just feeding them the food directly would be just fine. 

• Thanks 1

I have also considered pre soaking Vibra Bites, I keep various schools of small tetras in my 125 aquarium (Cardinals,Embers,Glowligts,Black neons,Three line pencil fish, etc.) My fish go right for  the Vibra bites, but then spit them out and try again only to spit them out once more. I feed my fish lot’s of live and frozen foods, so I think they are use to softer foods,hence why I have considered pre soak a bit. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m still considering it. I have also considered hold back the live foods for awhile to see if they get use to the Vibra Bites, but I really love feeding the live foods.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dkshadowwolf said:

I have also considered pre soaking Vibra Bites, I keep various schools of small tetras in my 125 aquarium (Cardinals,Embers,Glowligts,Black neons,Three line pencil fish, etc.) My fish go right for  the Vibra bites, but then spit them out and try again only to spit them out once more. I feed my fish lot’s of live and frozen foods, so I think they are use to softer foods,hence why I have considered pre soak a bit. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m still considering it. I have also considered hold back the live foods for awhile to see if they get use to the Vibra Bites, but I really love feeding the live foods.

Awesome!  I’ve only been soaking the brine shrimp to split the cubes and have the shrimp ready for my community fish, and was wondering about soaking flake food…I tried once and noticed it quickly sank to the bottom soon after pouring it in.  Thinking I’ll just presoak the freeze dried brine only.