Vertical Tiger barb

Aquarius

6B9764DB-C7A3-4B5D-AA02-1BAE5CE401E1.png.035b8efd4d1b051847589adc780dfe82.pngHello everyone.

Im concerned about one of my Tiger barbs, he will stop swimming, and point vertically while displaying his fins, he has done this for two days. He eats very well, has no swimming issues, and has plenty of energy, he is in fact the tank bully. He has a slight piece of his dorsal fin missing, i have attributed this to him chasing other barbs around the tank.

PH 7.0    Ammonia 0ppm   Nitrite 0ppm    Nitrate 20ppm   GH 6 Degrees     KH 4 Degrees    Water Temp 27°C (80.6°F)

Thank You

15 hours ago, Colu said:

The black mark show here is healing so he could injured himself of he could have some swim bladder problems

Hello Colu, the black mark that you can see is just part of his colouring. He swims very well, and is not displaying any buoyancy issues, which is making me believe that it is not a swim bladder issue.

38AB79F0-12F9-4A25-8BFF-BFCD2886594F.jpeg

5 hours ago, Aquarius said:

Hello Colu, the black mark that you can see is just part of his colouring. He swims very well, and is not displaying any buoyancy issues, which is making me believe that it is not a swim bladder issue.

38AB79F0-12F9-4A25-8BFF-BFCD2886594F.jpeg

It an odd one nothing jumping out at me if not having swim bladder problems if he is still eating i would monitor for now if he gets worse I would Qarantine and treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons 

Edited by Colu

• 2 months later...