Greetings from Massachusetts

Hello, 

Just starting out with my aquariums and loving it. I have a background in Farm animals but did have a fish tank growing up as well. Breeds I hope to add Guppies(standard and one day panda) Corydoras, bristle nose plecos and mollies. 

• Like 2

Welcome! I can't wait to see your aquarium with all your friends when you get it set up!

What kind of background do you have in farm animals? My daughter works at a rescue farm and I think has found her passion and thinks she wants to become a vet tech and work with farm animals.

On 5/25/2022 at 2:18 PM, AndreaW said:

Welcome! I can't wait to see your aquarium with all your friends when you get it set up!

What kind of background do you have in farm animals? My daughter works at a rescue farm and I think has found her passion and thinks she wants to become a vet tech and work with farm animals.

I have Been breeding Nigerian Dwarf goats for 18 years and Finn sheep for two years. I went to school to be a vet tech but after a few years in the feild left for a job in the feed industry. Vet Tech can be a hard job Mentally

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 3:47 PM, Rebekaacres said:

Vet Tech can be a hard job Mentally

Yeah, she is learning that through the rescue farm. They take in lambs and calves that otherwise wouldn't survive (a majority still don't make it to adulthood), and rescue many abused/neglected animals that they rehabilitate. She never thought she could handle being a vet, but has learned how to handle loss better than she thought she would. That's the hard part of working with animals. There are many rough days, but so many rewarding days (like when one of their animals are adopted out to a loving family).

The goats and sheep sound fun! 

Edited by AndreaW

On 5/25/2022 at 5:53 PM, AndreaW said:

Yeah, she is learning that through the rescue farm. They take in lambs and calves that otherwise wouldn't survive (a majority still don't make it to adulthood), and rescue many abused/neglected animals that they rehabilitate. She never thought she could handle being a vet, but has learned how to handle loss better than she thought she would. That's the hard part of working with animals. here are many rough days, but so many rewarding days (like when one of their animals are adopted out to a loving family).

The goats and sheep sound fun! 

I have my fair share of "Special Needs goats and sheep" I have a One eyed goat and a tri pod sheep. My old breeders live out there lives here. I lost one goat this fall that was 15.5 years old. 

• Love 1