Corydoras laying on its side

mynameisnobody

Hello everyone,

I have 14 corydoras agassizii in a 75 gallon planted aquarium. Today I noticed 1 of them laying on its side on a piece a driftwood. I thought he was dead so I reached in to scoop him out and he dart under the driftwood. I haven’t seen this behavior before so I’m not sure if something is wrong. Everyone else in the aquarium seems perfectly normal. Is this normal cory derpy behavior? Thank you kindly 

1 hour ago, Manny said:

Hello everyone,

I have 14 corydoras agassizii in a 75 gallon planted aquarium. Today I noticed 1 of them laying on its side on a piece a driftwood. I thought he was dead so I reached in to scoop him out and he dart under the driftwood. I haven’t seen this behavior before so I’m not sure if something is wrong. Everyone else in the aquarium seems perfectly normal. Is this normal cory derpy behavior? Thank you kindly 

Was he fully on his side, or just slightly offset? My albino cories frequently worry me when they lie partially on their sides near the glass, and when I stick my hand in, they just swim away like nothing was wrong.

• Like 1