Any Recommended Way To Use Levamisole

Ashe

Hello! I am planning to use levamisole to treat Eptylis and is wondering how long should I treat my QT for. On the instruction page, it's suggesting me to only do it for 2 days and leave the medication in the aquarium on the 2nd day to be gradually removed at the next water change. I know that this is a very strong medication but  I am wondering if this is the most effective way to do. I am open for any suggestion

I think Select Aquatics has modified their dosing instructions, but not updated the web page.

The instructions I received from them ~3 months ago were:

25% water change, dose, wait 24 hours. 25% water change, dose, allow medication to be removed through normal water changes. He does mention occasionally doing a second treatment after 2-3 weeks to ensure everything is dead, but says that is rare.

Are you using Fritz Expel P or a goat dewormer to dose?

edit: Ooh, looks like they did update their dosing instructions. Best of luck with the treatment.

Edited by Schwack

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Tw snacks said:

Does fritz complete inactivate levamisole?

I can say with 99% certainty that water conditioners won't have an impact on levamisole. Fritz Complete looks like a sodium sulfate based conditioner, similar to Prime's suspected composition. I'm certain, considering the number of people combining water conditioners and levamisole we'd see more reports of the medication interacting with the conditioner.

Best way to remove the levamisole from your tank is probably to throw some carbon in your filter or just do weekly water changes and slowly but surely reduce the concentration.

Edited by Schwack
  • Thanks 2