My Black Moor :( IDK....

Rachel Woodhams-Vasquez

Hey guys, I am almost 100% sure my Black Moor has swim bladder disease. I'm not sure what to do. I know there isn't much I can do. But I feel like she is now starting to suffer. This is my first fish. And I probably don't know what I'm doing or doing it right. But I have really tried my best to keep her health. If anyone sees this and has any advice or can help me out. Thank you...    🖤  

Swim bladder disease is one of those that mainly befalls goldfish, like your Black Moor, and bettas, and it can have multiple causes. I don't know what research you have done into this disease already, but here is a good article on it that also lists some possible causes and options for treatment:

https://fishcareguide.com/what-is-swimbladder-disease/

This is another one that deals specifically with the care of Black Moors:

https://blackmoorgoldfish.org/

I figure rather than ask you a lot of questions on how you've been keeping your Black Moor until now, I'll let you get some good info on what this disease is, and how it is treated, and some basic info on how to keep Black Moors happy first. That way you can see what might be going on, and if not it might help you ask ask some more specific questions regarding your little patient. I hope this helps you out a bit. I will keep an eye out if you have more questions, and I know we have several experienced goldfish keepers on this forum.

• Like 1

Thank you... I really appreciate your help, also answering my post. I have done some research. Of course there is always more to learn. Swim bladder disease is one I have read some what about and one of my greatest fears.This is my first fish. So I know there is so much I don't know about and could help me. I just feel so bad for her. I'm gonna get into these articles. Thank you again.

• Like 1