Shrimp cave

Leo2o915

I bought the shrimp cave about a year ago. Great product. I pushed moss inside every other hole. This allowed the moss to grow out and receive light. It also allowed shrimp to go into the cave. If you have big, full-grown Cories the holes will be too small for them. If you have Cory fry or young pygmy Cories, you should wait until they are too big to fir into the holes to se the shrimp cave.  

3 hours ago, Cait said:

I bought the shrimp cave about a year ago. Great product. I pushed moss inside every other hole. This allowed the moss to grow out and receive light. It also allowed shrimp to go into the cave. If you have big, full-grown Cories the holes will be too small for them. If you have Cory fry or young pygmy Cories, you should wait until they are too big to fir into the holes to se the shrimp cave.  

They are this size. So stick the java moss in every hole so break it apart ? 

231ECE74-CD01-465B-A955-25F1EC053CD9.jpeg

Yes, just pull about the moss and stick a clump into a hole. If you are using the cave for moss and not for a hide, then you can plug moss into every hole. Just check the size with your Cories. If it looks like the fish are big enough to swim into a hole, then wait for them to grow a bit before using the cave. The holes are small, sized for dwarf shrimp. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cait said:

Yes, just pull about the moss and stick a clump into a hole. If you are using the cave for moss and not for a hide, then you can plug moss into every hole. Just check the size with your Cories. If it looks like the fish are big enough to swim into a hole, then wait for them to grow a bit before using the cave. The holes are small, sized for dwarf shrimp. 

Ok thanks 

I use the shrimp caves for air stones. I run the air hose right through one of the holes with the air stone inside of the cave. I like the way it looks with the bubbles coming out and little fish or fry will still go inside.

Edited by Errk25
  • Like 1