Anyone have experiance with this filter?

FrozenFins

Hey,

My 40 gallon community tank is a bit cloudy. It is currently being run by a sponge filter. I was wondering if I run the filter below and the spongefilter if it will fix my problem, or is it a good filter? I wanted to get the AquaClear HOB but it won't fit in my lid and, I don't wanna cut holes in it. So I thought a internal filter would be the way to go. 

Here is the filter I'm talking about:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07YDK9HC3/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AR7YVDDR7QAFR&psc=1 

Also would the ziss bio filter work?

My Stocking is:
-Angelfish x3

-Zebra Danios x6

-Cardinal Tetras x5

-Bristlenose Pleco

-Upside down catfish x2

My water parameters are:

Nirates 25ppm Nitrites and Amonia 0

Edited by James Black

1 hour ago, Brandy said:

If your goal is stability, I would do small daily or even 2x daily water changes, kinda like drip acclimating back to your normal water, or whatever goal prompted you to add wonder shell in the first place. If you haven't removed the remaining pieces of wondershell, you want to do that, obviously. (sorry, just covering all the bases) 

If your shrimp seem actively distressed I would hurry that along by making the change more rapid.

3 hours ago, James Black said:

Hey,

My 40 gallon community tank is a bit cloudy. It is currently being run by a sponge filter. I was wondering if I run the filter below and the spongefilter if it will fix my problem, or is it a good filter? I wanted to get the AquaClear HOB but it won't fit in my lid and, I don't wanna cut holes in it. So I thought a internal filter would be the way to go. 

Here is the filter I'm talking about:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07YDK9HC3/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AR7YVDDR7QAFR&psc=1 

Also would the ziss bio filter work?

My Stocking is:
-Angelfish x3

-Zebra Danios x6

-Cardinal Tetras x5

-Bristlenose Pleco

-Upside down catfish x2

My water parameters are:

Nirates 25ppm Nitrites and Amonia 0

I’d be tempted to fill it with floss instead of the coarse looking sponge, or maybe half sponge or half floss? 

• Like 2