Significant fin rot after quarantine meds

Theresa_M

Ended my first round of quarantine meds a week ago. I noticed that I had one betta that was starting to show some fin rot before meds. Completed full course of trio, but in the week since, the fin rot has gotten significantly worse and I see signs of fin rot on another betta in my sorority. I was going to dose another round of paracleanse one week from now per Co-op recommendation, but it’s really looking like I need to do Maracyn NOW. 

Anyone with experience on this? Is it too soon to dose Maracyn - there’s only been one full week of break since last round.

4963B41D-7BE0-4054-A9DC-AFC34BDB80CD.jpeg

Betta’s experiencing fin rot can usually heal with just regular water changes and some tannins in the form of Indian Almond Leaves. (IALs) Add a leaf or two in, perform water changes 3/4 times a week (Not too large) & your Betta’s slime coat should benefit from the IALs and clean water. 

Also remove any possibly sharp decor.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HardeepTheLondoner said:

Betta’s experiencing fin rot can usually heal with just regular water changes and some tannins in the form of Indian Almond Leaves. (IALs) Add a leaf or two in, perform water changes 3/4 times a week (Not too large) & your Betta’s slime coat should benefit from the IALs and clean water. 

Also remove any possibly sharp decor.

Thank you! Do you use one leaf per gallon? I have 5 leaves in a 75. Was afraid to do more. planning water change tomorrow. So I’ll continue changes and monitor. Appreciate your response!