John from Indiana

Hi everyone!

I got started in the hobby in January. Now, I have to admit, I didn't care one bit about fish until my grandpa gave me a 10 gallon tank he had sitting in his yard. He thought it would be fun for me and my daughter to keep some fish...and was he right! Of course, I went to Petco, was told all the wrong stuff, and two of my fish died the next day. But then I started looking for my own information and found Aquarium Co-op on Youtube...Then my platys had babies, I got really interested in keeping fish, discovered live plants, and inherited a 90 gallon tank from my in-laws.

What can I say? I'm really happy to be here. I found this forum pretty recently and thought I'd start participating.

Here is a picture of my 90g. It is, of course, a work in progress. Curious if anyone has any recommendations. My current plans are to expand my cardinal tetra school from 13 to about 30 or so and let the plants fill in. There is a patch of ludwigia repens in the middle that should grow up from behind the rocks. It's low tech and I'm dosing 1 pump of Easy Green per day and have some Seachem Flourish tabs in the substrate. Lighting is 1 Fluval Plant 3.0.

90g stocking is currently: 15 rosy tetras, 11 platys (mickey mouse), 3 melini corys (if I can find more around me I'll add some), 13 cardinal tetras

90g 20200815.png

Edited by johnjohnjohn87
  • Like 2