I have a cobalt rescue air pump that turns on when I lose power. I would like to add a Coop- Nano USB pump to a sponge filter. Is it possible to T- the tubing to add this additional pump. The Cobalt rescue air would only activate during a power lose and the USB would then turn off due to no power. Therefore, its two pumps to one sponge filter but only one operating at once. Thanks for your help

You would definitely want to use check valves on each line. If not the back pressure could damage whichever pump wasn't running. It should work though. You could also just use something like APC's BE600M1 Uninterruptible Power Supply (around $60) that has a USB plug in it to plug your Nano USB pump into. It's got a 600 VA 330 Watt rating. I suspect that would keep a single Nano air pump running for a long, long time.  You might also want to look at some of the power banks. Some have both power inputs and outputs. Your Nano could run off of one of the outputs while the bank was being kept charged. When the power went out, it should automatically draw from the battery. Anker makes a few of them that charge from USB C but have regular USB ports for products to tap into. Keeping one plugged in all of the time might be a bit risky, fire hazard wise, but a chat with the maker might prove that not to be a problem. I'd stick with a name-brand one if I was trying that, like an Anker. 

If you try it make sure there is a check valve for each pump ie: pump a check valve pump b check valve t tubing sponge filter. Otherwise one pump could just be pushing air through the other pump backwards and not letting air into the tank. Other than that you should be fine. Also every time I change anything with my air pumps or tubing that causes me to touch the check valves I will blow air through them both ways. I notice the cheaper ones can get to where they dont let much airflow through and that will just make your pumps work harder and wear out faster