SarayParay

Help! I began treating my 20 gallon with Maracyn on Friday and I only have for today. Tomorrow is the fifth and last day, but what can I do? I cannot find any LFS with Maracyn in stock. Amazon doesn’t have it. Online it’s just shipping with arrival date of Jan 22. 

Suggestions? 

Sorry to hear that! Yeah, shipping's a real beast right now with the post office still being backed up and hobbled.

The active ingredient in Maracyn is erythromycin which you may find in several other brands if necessary. I'd be shocked if there are absolutely no pet stores within a 50 mile radius of you with any erythromycin in stock. It's pretty common in the aquarium trade.

Maracyn is great because you can trust that it's snail and plant safe. But if  you have to use a different brand, just keep a close eye out for any copper in the ingredients list, which will kill your snails dead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kirsten said:

Sorry to hear that! Yeah, shipping's a real beast right now with the post office still being backed up and hobbled.

The active ingredient in Maracyn is erythromycin which you may find in several other brands if necessary. I'd be shocked if there are absolutely no pet stores within a 50 mile radius of you with any erythromycin in stock. It's pretty common in the aquarium trade.

Maracyn is great because you can trust that it's snail and plant safe. But if  you have to use a different brand, just keep a close eye out for any copper in the ingredients list, which will kill your snails dead.

21 minutes ago, James Black said:

Agree with @Kirsten try to find euthromycin. You will probably not be able to find it if you live in Canada as it is illgeal. If you do live in Canada just start treating with aquarium salt.

Oh no! I have plants, nerite snails, and amano shrimps.

I reside in Southern California. I'll look up to see where I can find Euthromycin. 

Thank you so much!