Dalmation molly problem

Zach

I had 3 mollies (2 females 1 male) that stopped eating and were very low energy after a regular water change. They all showed signs of large white pathcs and something that I think was fin rot on them. One female also had her eye start sticking out far of her head. The male and one female died shortly after signs were noted. The only one left is the one with her eye sticking out. After 10 hours of another water change she has more energy and has started to eat agian however she is breathing heavy and acts as if she can't see ( id say she can't see out of the affected eye). However she is doing fine other the that. My question is I've never seen this before and don't know what to do her eye is still sticking out and I feel bad im sure that must hurt and I was wondering if there was anything I can do for her. Also I'm sorry I can't get a picture to load to the post

It sounds like a bacterial infection based on the rate it is advancing. I recommend antibiotics (Maracyn.) If you are unable to get that where you live, definitely try aquarium salt. (Dosing is posted on the Co-op page.) You could be describing fin rot, or ich, or pop-eye (or something else!) But both fin rot and pop eye should be treated with maracyn anyway, and all of them can be treated with aquarium salt.

1 minute ago, Zach said:

Ok thank you im glad I hadn't put them in my main tank yet 

Ooooh so you are one of the few people who learned the quarantining lesson the GOOD way! Good for you! I think most of us learn by failing to quarantine and losing most of our tank!