Trying out Aquarium Coop's Mystery Box of plants.

You get six plants for $42.99 so not a bad price and you're almost to the $49.99 for free shipping at that point. I added in one pot of tissue culture plants (small but you typically get 3-10 or more plants in a tissue culture) so I'll see what I get. It should be interesting. It's a nice way for the Coop to unload stuff they've got a surplus of while still giving the consumer a decent plant at a decent price.  I should end up with between seven and God knows how many plants (depending on how many are in the tissue culture) for about $60 after taxes. Not bad.

• Like 2

The order has already shipped and they let you know which plants they shipped. I ordered the crypt wendtii 'Mi Oya' tissue culture, and the six other plants are dwarf chain sword, crypt lutea, crypt wendtii green, crypt tropica, red melon sword, and anubias nangi. Not a bad selection. I wasn't expecting them to tell me which plants they shipped. It's nice they tell you and it probably helps with their internal inventory to know which plants they shipped.

• Like 3

On 10/17/2024 at 12:16 PM, gardenman said:

The order has already shipped and they let you know which plants they shipped. I ordered the crypt wendtii 'Mi Oya' tissue culture, and the six other plants are dwarf chain sword, crypt lutea, crypt wendtii green, crypt tropica, red melon sword, and anubias nangi. Not a bad selection. I wasn't expecting them to tell me which plants they shipped. It's nice they tell you and it probably helps with their internal inventory to know which plants they shipped.

Wow not bad at all!

Yeah, about $53 of plants for $43. Not bad. They'll be here Saturday according to UPS. Adding in the tissue culture cup got me the free shipping also. I'm happy with it. Every order will likely have different plants, but those are what are coming in mine. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2024 at 5:58 PM, gardenman said:

Yeah, about $53 of plants for $43. Not bad. They'll be here Saturday according to UPS. Adding in the tissue culture cup got me the free shipping also. I'm happy with it. Every order will likely have different plants, but those are what are coming in mine. 

Goodnight Saturday? Wow so fast. It usually takes 4 days for me. 

• Administrators
On 10/17/2024 at 9:16 AM, gardenman said:

It also lets the customer start learning about the plants before they arrive. One of the biggest struggles in selling plants isn't getting people to buy, it's to get people to be successful. They can start learning about how each plant needs to be planted, where to place it in their tank etc.