Angel Grow out Question

KnH

If the angelfish are going to be the only inhabitants, or are the biggest inhabitants, once they are big enough to find the food and deal with any current, they could go directly in the big tank.  As pointed out by @T. Payne, the bigger the tank, the better the water quality, the faster they grow.  If you already have larger fish going in the big tank, then wait until the angelfish are big enough to not get eaten or crowded away from the food.  I’ve grown out fish in 10 G tanks (not angels in 10’s for grow out but I’ve used 10’s for quarantine for angels) but you’ll need more water changes the smaller the tank.

On 10/17/2024 at 11:14 AM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

What size tank(s) do you already have?

Other than the 150g none yet, I am Looking for a 55g for the sump of the 150g

On 10/17/2024 at 12:48 PM, Odd Duck said:

If the angelfish are going to be the only inhabitants, or are the biggest inhabitants, once they are big enough to find the food and deal with any current, they could go directly in the big tank.  As pointed out by @T. Payne, the bigger the tank, the better the water quality, the faster they grow.  If you already have larger fish going in the big tank, then wait until the angelfish are big enough to not get eaten or crowded away from the food.  I’ve grown out fish in 10 G tanks (not angels in 10’s for grow out but I’ve used 10’s for quarantine for angels) but you’ll need more water changes the smaller the tank.

I'm planning on a community setup so the angels will be the centerpiece fish. I guess I can put them in first and grow them bigger. I just don't want dime-sized fish getting lost as I try to feed them without overfeeding the tank, maybe add the coryoras to keep up with the uneaten food that the angels miss. 

Community Fish  

Corydoras  

German blue rams  

Congo tetras  

Electric blue acara   

Redhead tapajos  

Dwarf gourami  

Roseline barb  

Pleco 

On 10/17/2024 at 2:54 PM, KnH said:

Other than the 150g none yet, I am Looking for a 55g for the sump of the 150g

Sounds like they’re going to grow out in the 150 then. Could also throw them in the sump if/when you get that set up. 

Angels grow quick and they’re voracious eaters. I wouldn’t be concerned about it, personally.