Undergravel fertilizer question

AAE

On 9/29/2024 at 12:32 PM, AAE said:

@Pepere, I hope the Easy Green fertilizer has some ability to fertilize at the root level since it is being pulled through the substrate.  Do you have any thoughts about that?   I appreciate your sharing your knowledge and thoughts.

All you need to do is fertilize the water column. Root tabs are never necessary.

On 9/29/2024 at 2:46 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

All you need to do is fertilize the water column. Root tabs are never necessary

And if you have any doubts about the truth of that, take a look @Mmiller2001 tanks….

inert substrate all water column fertilizer…

I wish my tanks looked as good as his…

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

@Mmiller2001, thanks!  Those words are very welcome. I set up one tank with plants planted in pots with root tabs in the rock wool so that the plants could have a good start while I waited for the substrate to be enriched by fish poop (image below - tank is about 7 weeks old now).  I have 2 more tanks I want to set up with under gravel filters and am contemplating a light bioload for a while.  I was concerned they would not get the necessary nutrients from fish waste.  Therefore, it is good to know the Easy Green will reach the plant roots.  All the tanks will have CO2.  

IMG_1062.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/29/2024 at 1:03 PM, AAE said:

@Mmiller2001, thanks!  Those words are very welcome. I set up one tank with plants planted in pots with root tabs in the rock wool so that the plants could have a good start while I waited for the substrate to be enriched by fish poop (image below - tank is about 7 weeks old now).  I have 2 more tanks I want to set up with under gravel filters and am contemplating a light bioload for a while.  I was concerned they would not get the necessary nutrients from fish waste.  Therefore, it is good to know the Easy Green will reach the plant roots.  All the tanks will have CO2.  

IMG_1062.jpeg

Think of the substrate as our lymphatic system. There’s flow, just slower.

• Like 2