Background Ideas for Actively Running Tank

GoofyGarra

Currently on my 20gallon high I have a black poster taped to the back as a background. However, the tape is ugly and it has began to come off after a few years, and the poster has become messed up from some water spills.

Are there any good backgrounds that can be applied without shutting down a tank? Space to the wall is only about 5in.

You could use acrylic paint on the back. Make sure your wall and floor are covered so it doesn't splash. It's very soft and can be easily removed when needed. But since it's so soft, it does take several coats to cover. Thin paint roller works best. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2024 at 5:22 PM, GoofyGarra said:

Currently on my 20gallon high I have a black poster taped to the back as a background. However, the tape is ugly and it has began to come off after a few years, and the poster has become messed up from some water spills.

Are there any good backgrounds that can be applied without shutting down a tank? Space to the wall is only about 5in.

I have had trouble with mine too. Water spills make it really bad. @Tony s, how many coats you think for a 10g?

On 9/27/2024 at 5:52 PM, Tony s said:

You could use acrylic paint on the back. Make sure your wall and floor are covered so it doesn't splash. It's very soft and can be easily removed when needed. But since it's so soft, it does take several coats to cover. Thin paint roller works best. 

On 9/27/2024 at 6:23 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

how many coats you think for a 10g?

Usually take at least 3, sometimes 4. It doesn't look like it covers much the first time, but the pin holes get smaller every coat

Edited by Tony s
I literally cannot type
  • Thanks 1