Will the Aquarium Co-op light work Fluval Flex 32.5 gal

Gingerbro98

I’m in the process of converting my Fluval mega flex over to a high tech aquascape. I will be running CO2 and I feel like the stock fluval aquasky 2.0 is insufficient for dwarf hairgrass / other more demanding carpeting plants.
I’ve been looking for an excuse to buy the co-op light before it sells out and I’d rather give them my money than a big box store. 

Has anyone had success with fitting the co-op light inside of the stock 32.5 gal fluval flex lid? 

(Dwarf crayfish pic for attention🦞)

IMG_8297.jpeg

Since no one else has answered this question, I figured I'd share my opinion. I do not own a Flex or a coop light, but I do own a 23g fluval vista (and a much despised 12g fluval edge).  I think the lid on my vista is similarly flat, and the LED strip comparable in that it would be very difficult to substitute/customize if I wanted to keep the lid. I'd have to chip out a bunch of plastic clips, use some kind of epoxy and cross my fingers it was the right type for the plastic lid. IMO these kits are really not meant to be customized, you're better off just sticking with lower tech plants. 

All that said: if the thickness of the coop light is the same as the LED, you could try to rig it inside the lid with epoxy, or zip ties (after punching holes in the lid). If I were in your shoes though, I'd leave my flex as is and only buy a new light if I were going to set up an additional tank in the next couple years for higher tech plants. 

Side note: Your crayfish is so beautiful it almost looks fake.

• Like 2