Please help fish net size/type

TealStarlight

I have a Comet goldfish 10.5 inches in length from head to tail so very big almost 11 inches. What kind of fish net would be satest for him? And most comfortable? What kind of net do you use for your comet goldfish? Is the long net in this video https:// youtu.be/dDD6rTVIAPI?si=oUrUrSLtM7QEPmCf

Time mark 8:02 min in a good choice? I want one he can see through and thats soft though. But i worry about him because hes super strong and fast. Hes so fast and strong he could probably leap over an entire rainbow.

On 9/13/2024 at 6:17 PM, Tony s said:

@TealStarlight I'm sure he's very stunning at that size. And a lot of fun to interact with 😁

Yes hes the biggest love of my whole life. I spend all day everyday with him taking care of him. Always trying to entertain him and talk to him. If uou ever seen apollo and frens on YouTube i try to educate him the best incan everyday in the same style the YouTube guy dalton does on that channel for his bird.

• Love 1

On 9/13/2024 at 6:17 PM, TealStarlight said:

Do you have a link to an outdoor sporting good store for the item you recommend? Ty. Yes i love him so much. He’s amazing. 

I would just go shopping in the physical store and feel the nets. A lot of them are what they called “dipped nylon” and are sort of scratchy. Find something that feels comfortable for him. How often do you really need to scoop him up though?

• Like 1

On 9/13/2024 at 7:02 PM, mynameisnobody said:

I have used many different outdoor nets. The fish shouldn’t be in it long enough to be comfortable. Get what you like. 

I’m just trying to learn what would be safe, but I don’t mean he will be in there long. I just think it might be scary if it wasnt see through like glass also theres no way to close the top of the net to make sure he doesnt leap. If he can see through it its way less scary. Ty for trying to help though. All help is appreciated! Always! Any other feedback or ideas please dont hesitate to comment again! Thanks again! 

You might want a koi sock net (photo below). They're pretty handy and trap the fish in a fabric tube, so no jumping takes place. You just slide the net over the fish, seal the one end with your hand as you let most of the water out, then carry the fish in the bag to wherever you need it to go. They're used for koi ranging from a few dollars to the very, very expensive ones. They're generally considered the safest way to net and transfer koi. Watch a few of the koi farm videos on YouTube and you'll see the nets in action a lot.

R.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I've always had big fish (Oscars) make sure the frame is at least large enough for him to fit  plus a couple of inches. They mostly swim in head first anyway. I like a very fine net they don't damage the fins as much as a course one. You will get your arm wet but I like a short handle for big fish

https://www.basspro.com/l/fishing-nets?q=fish nets

Edited by Airborne 82nd
  • Like 1