Is this Ich??

Monkeypoint

I agree not ich Possible a case of costia it could also have a bacterial component what I would do is quarantine and treat with maracyn2 in food feeding a small amount twice a day for 7 days and  dose the tank with rid ick  and add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons that will cover most bases just remember to only put back in what you take out so if you do a 5 gallon water change put 1 table spoon of salt back in as salt only removed though water changes and add an extra air stone during treatment @Monkeypoint

1000000026.png

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

Thank you! I ordered the Maracyn 2 yesterday. It’s arriving today. A smaller angelfish died during the night. All the other fish in the tank look fine but just to be safe I’m going to treat the whole tank. The angel in the video looks worse today than he did yesterday but he’s still eating and seems to have a lot of energy. I just hope the meds get here in time. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2024 at 8:03 AM, Monkeypoint said:

It’s arriving today. A smaller angelfish died during the night. All the other fish in the tank look fine but just to be safe I’m going to treat the whole tank

Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately it may not be the last. A lot of times animals get really sick before they show symptoms. And when we treat it takes a bit to get it under control. Not trying to be negative at all but be prepared. We had the same situation this weekend with a pet rabbit. Had all the meds going. He looked better. But was too far gone. Good luck with your angel. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2024 at 9:31 AM, Tony s said:

Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately it may not be the last. A lot of times animals get really sick before they show symptoms. And when we treat it takes a bit to get it under control. Not trying to be negative at all but be prepared. We had the same situation this weekend with a pet rabbit. Had all the meds going. He looked better. But was too far gone. Good luck with your angel. 

Thanks and yeah, I'm hoping it's not too late to save him. I'm worried it's going to burn through my tank. Couldn't sleep last night thinking about it.

• Sad 1

On 9/12/2024 at 9:52 AM, Monkeypoint said:

I'm hoping it's not too late to save him.

So far you’re doing all you can do. Most of the time this hobby is fun, but then sometimes it’s really hard. But we learn how to handle things and what to watch out for. And then we make adjustments and do better. Good luck! Hopefully everyone pulls through!

On 9/12/2024 at 9:31 AM, Tony s said:

Not trying to be negative at all but be prepared.

No, not at all negative - you were just being realistic, which was actually helpful in managing expectations. Unfortunately, he didn’t make it. Hopefully I’ll be better prepared next time.