Chemipure

Cjbear087

On 9/11/2024 at 9:58 AM, Cjbear087 said:

So is that really bad for plants

Mostly, yes. Phosphorus is one of the primary nutrients plants need for growth. Can you use it for a short time, maybe. But for a newly planted tank, I wouldn’t. You’re going to want them to grow at a healthy rate. Your discus will want to snack on them a bit. Good growth will help them keep going. If they’re snacks and not growing well, they probably won’t make it. 

On 9/11/2024 at 3:25 PM, Tony s said:

Mostly, yes. Phosphorus is one of the primary nutrients plants need for growth. Can you use it for a short time, maybe. But for a newly planted tank, I wouldn’t. You’re going to want them to grow at a healthy rate. Your discus will want to snack on them a bit. Good growth will help them keep going. If they’re snacks and not growing well, they probably won’t make it. 

Ok, I guess I’ll order some chemipure green then - is it as good?

• Like 1

On 9/11/2024 at 10:35 AM, Cjbear087 said:

is it as good?

It's the same thing. Minus the phosphate removers. It should help a bunch keeping your discus water pure and clean. They also make chemipure elite. which I haven't used yet

On 9/11/2024 at 4:38 PM, Tony s said:

It's the same thing. Minus the phosphate removers. It should help a bunch keeping your discus water pure and clean. They also make chemipure elite. which I haven't used yet

Great. I’ll order some now, thanks for the help :)

• Like 1