Water change plumbing issues

Ed R

Haha, I can't read that without hearing Bob Uecker's voice. 🤣

I'd also account for pressure loss due to friction (every physics teacher ever has not prepared me for real life) and get something a bit oversized.

Quick update: The Mag 3600 solved the pressure problem, and created a few more-  it's twice as strong as the Quiet One 6000 so Im getting a LOT more water than before. Now I have to secure the fill ends much more securely than I had, and remove the air venturis from the ends, and install a water flow meter so I can tell how long it takes to pump x number of gallons into tank y, so I can set the time and flow change parameters correctly. Or I could be doing 100 percent water changes every time. I suppose 100 percent every 3 days is overkill, isn't it?

Trick is I am going to need flow meters for each station because my flow adjustment valve is post-sprinkler valve, and I am pretty sure the meter won't work properly if I put it before the sprinkler valve and then choke the flow after the valve.

It never rains, it pours.

Oh, you guys will laugh at this but I won't: I discovered that I needed to secure my fll ends better because I was staninding near one when I turned on a station, and the closest fill end popped off the tank and sprayed me in the face.

It was not funny.

Water meters that can handle 60gpm are hard to find. Ah well, the only thing to do is put the fish in a bucket, drain the tank, and refill. 9 times. 100 percent water changes are fine f you normally do 20 percent every three days, right?.... right?

Edited by Ed R

On 9/15/2024 at 7:25 PM, Ed R said:

Quick update: The Mag 3600 solved the pressure problem, and created a few more-  it's twice as strong as the Quiet One 6000 so Im getting a LOT more water than before. Now I have to secure the fill ends much more securely than I had, and remove the air venturis from the ends, and install a water flow meter so I can tell how long it takes to pump x number of gallons into tank y, so I can set the time and flow change parameters correctly. Or I could be doing 100 percent water changes every time. I suppose 100 percent every 3 days is overkill, isn't it?

Trick is I am going to need flow meters for each station because my flow adjustment valve is post-sprinkler valve, and I am pretty sure the meter won't work properly if I put it before the sprinkler valve and then choke the flow after the valve.

It never rains, it pours.

Oh, you guys will laugh at this but I won't: I discovered that I needed to secure my fll ends better because I was staninding near one when I turned on a station, and the closest fill end popped off the tank and sprayed me in the face.

It was not funny.

I am sure it was not funny for you, but considering some things that could have happened it was laughable now.

On 9/15/2024 at 7:12 PM, johnnyxxl said:

I am sure it was not funny for you, but considering some things that could have happened it was laughable now.

The system I've created has come to life with a will of its own.' Apparently it thinks it's funny or something...

I think the REAL solution is to gravity-feed the water, not pump-feed it. Anyone got any ideas on how I can elevate a 75 gallon tank so the bottom is 8 feet high , in a room that has a 9 foot ceiling?

Sigh.

On 9/15/2024 at 7:57 PM, lefty o said:

Jobu requires at least 3 buckets of fried chicken.............

That chisler has gotten more fried chicken, cigars, and rum from me than anyone, and what have I gotten in turn? A face fulla water! Jobu can go f=== well,this is a family forum...