Columnaris treatment?

Hello all!

I purchased some cardinal tetras and panda garras yesterday from a lfs and within 24 hours I’ve lost 7 tetras and numerous others look like they’re on their way out. So far, every panda garra seems okay. After doing research I’m nearly certain that it is columnaris. Every article I’ve read says something different for treatment so I’m curious what you guys think is the best option. Any med recommendations? Thanks!

IMG_4461.png

IMG_4460.png

Edited by Stinson Beach Aquatics

Columnaris is a gram negative bacterial infection that spreads more quickly at temperatures over 75 and can kill in 24hr to 7 days depending on the stain The most effective treatment for columnaris is a combination of kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs containing nitrofurazone following this treatment plan kanaplex and nitrofurazone based medication are  harmful to some types of snails and shrimp I would remove them before you start treating I would start treatment as soon as possible if your can't get the two medication I recommended use  maracyn2 it might take two full course of treatment back to back in severe cases @Stinson Beach Aquatics

1000000030.png