Betta fish chin bump

Jack1235

It is progressing can you help I don’t have any medication just aquarium salt can I use salt dip or salt bath that will help because how many minutes to does take for the bump go away if I use salt bath or salt dip and don’t want to my fish to die from salt please help

image.jpg

image.jpg

And I checked my water parameters they looked fine 

Edited by Jack1235

Just did a salt bath from another container did a salt drip 💧 set 7 minutes in the container than put him back into the tank

On 8/18/2024 at 2:40 PM, Jack1235 said:

Just did a salt bath from another container did a salt drip 💧 set 7 minutes in the container than put him back into the tank

Do I have to do a salt bath for longer for him @Tony s

You can use salt directly into the aquarium at low levels. At the 1tablespoon per 5 gallons. Snails and plants don’t like it. But fish do fine. Only aquarium salt or marine salt. If you’re talking about epsom salt that’s a different thing altogether  it can be done in the tank I believe but you’ll need to ask @Colu

Instead of salt you could use a number of catapa leave. They have antibacterial and antifungal properties. But that would turn your water a tea color. Called tannins. Can be very beneficial. But depends on your tolerance for the color. Some people can’t stand it. I think it can be beautiful. My wife does not. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2024 at 7:48 PM, Jack1235 said:

And I don’t have any shrimp

With salt baths you want to do 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days I would get holed of maracyn2 if you can just in case there's a bacterial component activate ingredient minocycline also has anti-inflammatory properties small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons most plants tolerate that level of salt that only effective at treating minor ailments