Betta kit

We picked up a couple from Lifegard at aquashella. Seems to be decent. glass seems to be heavy and thick. low iron glass. rimless. everything in it, including a chunk of driftwood. We haven't got them set up yet. so, no reviews from us yet. but they seem pretty decent. a step up from big box store kits, I'm hoping

• Like 2

Some people seem to like the Fluval Specs. A little out of budget but they seem nice.

Honestly, doing the math I could set up a 5g using my own tank, filter, light heater substrate etc and keep it way cheaper than a kit. Might be worth looking into if you have the time!

• Like 1

On 8/13/2024 at 2:39 PM, EricksonAquatics said:

Some people seem to like the Fluval Specs. A little out of budget but they seem nice.

Honestly, doing the math I could set up a 5g using my own tank, filter, light heater substrate etc and keep it way cheaper than a kit. Might be worth looking into if you have the time!

Ya, this is me. And you have the option of what specific filter heater and light. Kit lights for plants are a no-go imo, but usually if anyone that has plants that get a kit will replace it. But i do agree!

I should have mentioned that this is meant to be for my wife's classroom. I wanted to get a UNS, but that's not going to work in a room full of first graders! She wants something nicer than the typical Aqueon 5-10 gallon tanks, so that's why I suggested a kit. I'll only use Anubias in the setup so will the kit light still be inadequate?