10 gallon tank ideas

Lou

On 8/15/2024 at 2:51 AM, Arcticgypsy said:

Check out "Girl Talks Fish" youtube channel.  She also works with Aquarium Co-op.  she has a great way of explaining the basics, and stocking suggestions

Yeah I agree. One of my fav YTers.

Alright everyone. I got my shipment from ACO today, I ordered two of the sponge filters. I keep getting mixed readings on whether or not I will still need the HoB. 

what are thoughts on that? TIA

@EricksonAquatics right now we have 2 platys and one poor little guppy, 2 AFD, and a snail. There were babies for a very short amount of time. The frogs and the fish seem to really get along. I have been tong feeding the frogs. I definitely put the fish in way to early. But, my real question is, you think a couple amano shrimp would be ok

• Like 1

Hey everyone! I just wanted to ask another question. My ph is on the low side, water still very soft, and the kh is also low. I've been reading that I should add some baking soda to the water to bring it up? But I can't find best practice for this.

On 8/18/2024 at 1:41 PM, Lou said:

Hey everyone! I just wanted to ask another question. My ph is on the low side, water still very soft, and the kh is also low. I've been reading that I should add some baking soda to the water to bring it up? But I can't find best practice for this.

What are the actual numbers for pH, kh, and gh? What are those numbers for your tap/water change water?

Ph was 6.4

kh was in the 0-2 range

gh incant remember the number but it is very soft. 

it's been like that the entire time but today was the first time the ph dropped it's been between 6.8 and 7ish

Nice.  If it keeps climbing just remove some shells. 

I have soft tap water too, about 2 kh and 2 gh. I use rift lake salt to bump the gh up to around 4, and 1/4 tsp baking soda per 5 gallons to bump the kh up to around 4, both added to a mixing bucket to aerate for a day or so before using.  I never add either directly to a tank. 

• Like 1