Why is my boesemani female floating/swimming funny

I have 3 females and 1 male one of my females is floating at the top and barrel roll swims. They just started being able to breed and are around an inch in size, what could be the issue? The other ones are doing just fine. Thanks for looking 

looks very much like swim bladder.  That can be hard to treat. Does she still eat fine. Sometimes it can be caused by overeating, putting pressure on the swim bladder. sometimes it's a bacterial infection.

For parameters what we need is usually your ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite numbers. Hardness also helps.

@Colu is our expert 

Both nitrite and nitrate are 0 and they get flakes 2 times a day, hopefully its a  swim bladder issue, the others are fine and it just started acting that was this morning and the others are swimming around like normal. I had the same issue with another one a couple months back but i thought it just got bullied to death. Thanks for the insite.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2024 at 12:03 AM, tryingmyhand said:

Both nitrite and nitrate are 0 and they get flakes 2 times a day, hopefully its a  swim bladder issue, the others are fine and it just started acting that was this morning and the others are swimming around like normal. I had the same issue with another one a couple months back but i thought it just got bullied to death. Thanks for the insite.

Could be swim bladder for that you would want to treat with plain unsented epsom salt as it acts as a muscle relaxant to help relieve pressure on the swim bladder I would quarantine and fast for a couple of days add epsom salt 1 table spoon for 3 gallons for 5 days or you can do epsom salt baths once a days 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days 

• Thanks 1