Help! Unidentified eggs (not snails)

"Mystery" solved...some of the eggs the mystery snail laid must have fallen down into the water- the clutch is right above the plant on the lid 🤣 

Been in the process of fishless cycling for about a month now. About 5 days ago I added another plant, hornwort. I rinsed it off several times and agitated any loose needles off before planting. In the process of planting a couple of the stems broke off and eventually settled down amongst the other plants. Where it settled is next to my pillow and has been in my line of sight since. This morning when i turned on the light I see these odd little eggs- they almost look like bladders on a bladderwort- but 100% sure they were not there the night before. They are not pond snails, and only other fauna in the tank is a single mystery snail and about 10 tadpoles. 

Can anyone help me identify this? Google image search didnt help and i would hate to end up with some wild bug infestation if I let them hatch to solve the mystery.

Edit: OMG i flipped the lid to test parameters and the mystery snail....laid a huge cluster of eggs... could it be possible it laid a few on the plant before going above the waterline?? Added pic and pic of pond snail eggs as well. 

20240720_084145.jpg

20240720_084119.jpg

20240720_084054.jpg

20240720_084210.jpg

20240720_095758.jpg

20240720_095847.jpg

Edited by BellaNova
Adding additional information and photos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2024 at 10:02 PM, Guppysnail said:

I remember the first time I saw mystery snail eggs submerged. I was so confused !

I could NOT for the life of me figure it out. I spent a good hour scouring google and becoming more and more worried. I had to test parameters again and when I opened the lid I found the clutch 🤣

Edited by BellaNova
  • Like 2

On 7/22/2024 at 10:45 PM, Tony s said:

On the bright side, if you want to hatch snail eggs, it’s in a perfect spot. Also easy to remove 😀

I have rigged up a little net to catch them when they fall into the water. Hopefully I see it when it happens and can catch most of them before they find their way out. Im going to take them back the petstore after they hatch. I think most will end up being puffer fish snacks ☹ I cant have 100 snails in a small 10 gallon tank 😅 

• Haha 1