Starting a tank

I have a 5 gallon tank, and I’m not sure what fish I should put in it. The tank is an aqueon mini bow with led lights. I don’t think fish that jump would work with the open holes. Just need some ideas! I’m also new to the whole fish process! Thank you!

• Like 1

On 7/18/2024 at 4:14 PM, Harleyjo said:

I have a 5 gallon tank, and I’m not sure what fish I should put in it. The tank is an aqueon mini bow with led lights. I don’t think fish that jump would work with the open holes. Just need some ideas! I’m also new to the whole fish process! Thank you!

First we need to get your tank cycled if you have not yet, the most important thing in fish keeping. If you’re unfamiliar with this process, l would look up what is the nitrogen cycle and how to do it. For  fish I recommend a betta, male or female. And if your new, I want to mention a 5g is a small tank that doesn’t have many stocking options, a betta shrimp or a tiny nano fish is really all you can keep in this size tank. Personally I would go for a male or female short fin betta. Love them and you will too. Also I would consider live plants as it has lots of benefits for your aquarium. Hope this helps!

• Like 3

I already have a betta in another tank so I’m looking for a different option, and I have already done the cycle and have a few plants! I might look into some nano fish though! Thank you!

• Love 1

On 7/18/2024 at 5:34 PM, Harleyjo said:

I already have a betta in another tank so I’m looking for a different option, and I have already done the cycle and have a few plants! I might look into some nano fish though! Thank you!

Oh well great! That is good your tank is cycled, I recommend a small radbora, chilli rasbora or something like that. Or have an all shrimp tank with a cool looking species like blue ocean shrimp, red cherry shrimp. Hope this helps! @Harleyjo

• Like 1