Angel fish

shenberry

Angel fish loosing color please help

I checked my water yesterday at petco and they said the ph was slightly high and I have hard water.  I applied the ph down but I doubt that made a big difference. 

20240716_170125.jpg

20240716_170122.jpg

20240716_170049.jpg

On 7/16/2024 at 6:09 PM, shenberry said:

ph was slightly high and I have hard water

probably not the issue. all my angels are in hard water with no problems. ph of 7.6 gh of 10-12. he may be having a bit of a bacterial issue. if it's just the front pectoral, he may have injured it. anybody else showing that symptom?  The reason I say possible injury. it looks like the whole fin. bacterial infections usually look a bit blotchy

I'd maybe just keep an eye on it. If it spreads at all from that point, it could be bacterial. You could throw in a couple of catapa leaves. They have a bit of antifungal, antibacterial properties. but they will stain the water tea colored. 

How old are the angelfish have you noticed any spawning behaviour because angelfish can get very aggressive when spawning and attack other fish in the tank have you notice any rapid breathing hanging out near the surface lethargy loss of appetite @shenberry