Help Identifying Gray/White Spots on Betta?

CorvidaeMP

Hi everyone! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. When we got Wilson (our Betta) about two weeks ago the entire front of his body was black. But I have noticed the color has dulled a bit as the weeks have gone on and now he has two light gray spots on the front of his body (shown with arrows in images). In addition to this he has a few tiny white spots that very clearly look like ich. We’re considering treating with Ich-X to address the ich, but want to try and figure out what these gray spots are and what we should treat it with. We're also trying to figure out if we should treat it first, at the same time, or if Ich-x will address it. 

- The gray spots developed about a week ago and have grown very slowly. 

- He seems active and curious and has a good appetite. 

- Included photos below. There is a video ~https://imgur.com/a/help-id-spots-on-betta-sgCjaSk~ if that is more helpful. 

Water Parameters: 

• Water Temperature 79

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2792.JPG

IMG_2789.JPG

IMG_2791.JPG

The grey patch could be due to an injury natural colour change am not seeing anything that looks like ich in your pictures have you noticed any change in behaviour any rapid breathing hanging out near the surface lethargy lose of appetite @CorvidaeMP

Thanks @Colu I appreciate it! I haven't witnessed any odd behavior but I've only had him for two weeks so I'm still figuring out personality vs illness indicators. Is there anything I should watch for on those spots that I should keep an eye on? Any indicators that something is not an injury and instead something I should treat or would changes in behavior be the biggest clue? 

RE ich. None of it was that high up on his body so unfortunately not visible in the shot. He had a few white spots on his back fin that have dropped off as of today so I am unable to get a pic. 

If the grey patches spreads or he develops redness to the body or mouth I would start treating with a broad spectrum antibiotic treatment such kanaplex or maracyn2 look out for loss of appetite rapid breathing hanging out near the surface lethargy flashing spitting food out sunken belly resting on the bottom of the tank he's how you can tell if your fish has ich @CorvidaeMP

Screenshot_20230825-023603~2.png

• Like 2