Apistogramma Eye Issue

macdaddy36

IMG_3674.jpeg.d38f5a275521eb191f9ccdb890f73b15.jpeg
IMG_3672.jpeg.0281db90c8ce6ac33b3d174ab88a528a.jpegIMG_3673.jpeg.7d57107422399f4e012eef9a0ea33ad3.jpeg

10 Nitrate, 7.8 pH, 0 Nitrite/Ammonia

My female A. panduro has some a cloudy eye. The first 2 pictures show the affected eye and the last one shows the eye that seems normal.

What could this be? Should I treat it or just observe? 

I have a 10 gallon cycled empty QT, melafix, kanaplex, paracleanse, and expel-p on hand

Cloudy eye can be caused by a number of things poor water quality injury or a bacterial infection of the what are your water parameters ammonia nitrite nitrate pH KH GH temperature do you have a pair of apisto is it possible the male  has attacked the female @macdaddy36

@ColuThere is a pair, it is possible and likely that the male went after her.

I have been doing a lot of waterchanges lately to get rid of tannins so I don’t think water quality is the issue. I posted parameters in the original post. Temp is 76

On 6/30/2024 at 11:18 PM, macdaddy36 said:

@ColuThere is a pair, it is possible and likely that the male went after her.

I have been doing a lot of waterchanges lately to get rid of tannins so I don’t think water quality is the issue. I posted parameters in the original post. Temp is 76

Missed that what I would do is a course of kanaplex if your seeing no improvement after a couple of days or it gets worse

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2024 at 11:21 PM, macdaddy36 said:

@ColuShould I add her to qt for kanaplex?

I’m going on a trip for 3 days leaving tomorrow. I won’t be able to treat and monitor in that time.

Yes I would quarantine you could add some aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 3 gallons while your away that will aid Gill function add essential electrolytes and help reduce any possible fluid buildup in the eye 

Unfortunately I don’t have salt on hand right now. I think I’ll just leave everything like it is until I get back because the stress of catching and moving her won’t help. She’s active and swimming well, even chasing away the other fish.

• Like 1